Forums

Forums » Site Blog » World Member Plotter Messages in this topic - RSS
|
11.06.2005 09:52:18
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

To All Members:

I am sure you have seen the newly added Member world map plotter.
This is using your IP address to find your location in the world and then displaying that location on the map for the rest of the members to see where other members are.
There is currently no way for other members to see who you are and where you are just that there is a member at that location. There is no way that your information can be veiwed by other members.
If you see that your location is incorrect please e-mail webmaster@ckdexpert.com

So have fun and visit often.
CKDExpert

16.06.2005 15:24:02
Paul R W
Paul R W
Posts 9

The world plotter is a nice touch, but I would think having it come up on the home page would be enough. It uses too much of my download time each time I go to a different page on the site, especially when the text underneath it is cut off..

Just my 2 cents.

16.06.2005 15:56:23
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Paul,

I am just curious how much time does it take to load?
Do you have a high speed connection or just dial up?
I don't see a long page load time however if others a having problems with the load time we will change it.

Also the only pages that it is on is the home page and the forums pages so when you say the it take a lot of time to go from page to page are you referring to the forum pages?

And if so would it be ok to place it on Just the main forum page and not all of the other forum pages?

Thank you for you "2 cents". 
Ken Harris 

17.06.2005 13:27:29
Paul R W
Paul R W
Posts 9

I have DLS and it is fast. When I change pages on the forum or to this page for a reply, it takes at least 5 seconds, which in internet time is an eternity.

I think it would be best on the home page only. After all, how many times do I need to see it. Also, the text is cut off at the bottom where it mentions colors.

pages: 1
|

Forums » Site Blog » World Member Plotter