Forums

Forums

Forums » Technical » Printing too light Messages in this topic - RSS
|
17.02.2005 02:40:59
calcaded
calcaded
Posts 9
I am using Ver 4.0.2 with an HP 4V laserjet or a Canon S820 Inkjet and the printed output is dismally light. Any suggestions as to how to make the printed output darker?
17.02.2005 06:36:19
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131
Have you tried setting the line width to a higher number in the printer set up dialog is side of keycreator?
17.02.2005 19:49:36
calcaded
calcaded
Posts 9
I have tried everything I can think of and nothing changes. It can't be a printer problem because both printers react the same way and both print other apps correctly. We had this problem years ago and could set what KeyC (Cadkey) would input as the width of a single line width, but I don't see this setting any more. The program is behaving as though there is some default that is set that refuses to be overridden. Changing line widths produces no effect BTW. not on screen or on the printout.
18.02.2005 07:24:43
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Is this where you are changing the line width?

Go to TOOLS> OPTIONS>PRINT/PLOT> then select the printer configuration that you want to modify the select the modify button then got to width scale tab.

I set all of mine to .3 then my white to .625 and that works out very well.

Ken Harris
CKDExpert

19.02.2005 05:09:32
calcaded
calcaded
Posts 9
I stumbled across that same page yesterday and set values from 1.0 down to .2 which seems a lot better, but my HP 4V 600 dpi laserjet still prints quite light (though much improved). However, the printout looks like a 9 pin dot matrix printer for everything but text (text is great, smooth edges and dense black). I am going to look around for a new driver for the HP 4V. Really appreciate your help and interest. I haven't set all 60 colors yet. Why the higher number for white?
19.02.2005 08:11:18
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

I set my white to a highter number because I want my "black" to be darker and wider then all of the other colors. I dont like to draw my borders and text wide and dark so I take care of that in the print config settings.

To print in color you will need to change your white to print black and your black to print white.
The borders and text are drawn white so only they will be printer wide and black.

19.02.2005 17:15:38
calcaded
calcaded
Posts 9
Hey there, Ken,
I set all the values as per your suggestions and it works! I don't know if the white setting made the difference or what but I am really pleased with the results. I tried to locate a new driver for my HP 4V, but the only ones I found were for a postscript printer and I don't have that option. Thanks again!
Larry
19.02.2005 18:16:36
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Larry,
The HP 4V is a laser B&W printer right?
If so then you wont see the differance because everything is eather printed black or printed in a gray scale.
If you print to a color printer and you dont set the white to black and black to white then the white items on your drawing wont print since they are white. 

19.02.2005 18:29:08
calcaded
calcaded
Posts 9
You are correct, the HP4V is a black and white printer, but it was printing all the lines in greyscale. For whatever reason, your settings got rid of the greyscale output. I'll noodle around a bit and see if I can isolate what is going on.
19.02.2005 20:31:31
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

When you print do you selcet a print confiuration?
If not then it will use the default configuration, you can seen the one set for default by the * by the name of the configuration. As you can see by my example I have manny so I pick the one I want it to print like.

You probably only have one(default) so when you changed the config it worked!

28.02.2005 02:16:21
calcaded
calcaded
Posts 9
Hi Ken,
Just wanted to add one last item to this post. All the various settings work as expected now. I was baffled for a bit, but then I remembered that after I loaded what I thought was a newer driver for my HP 4V (that didn't work) I reloaded my old driver rather than just using the one that was already loaded in the system. The old driver must have been corrupted because that was the only thing that was different. Anyway, thanks for your help.
Larry
pages: 1
|

Forums » Technical » Printing too light