navigate  
  Home
Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

Forums » Technical » KC 4.0 Anything to look out for? Messages in this topic - RSS
|
16.02.2005 10:31:23
Jay Burkett
Jay Burkett
Posts 8

To All,

We just received KC 4.0 last week.  It is now in the hands of our IS/IT group undergoing what they call "testing".  It will be a will before I get to load it.  Once that happens, is there anything special that we need to look out for?  I would definitely liketo benefit from the experience of others!  My old boss used to tell me that "Experience is the best teacher --- she just costs too much!"

Jay Burkett
UPS Airlines
Louisville, KY

--

Jay Burkett
UPS Airlines
Louisville, KY

16.02.2005 10:45:42
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Yes, I think that the biggest problem is in the DXF/DWG translation!
There is a big scale problem that the exported DXF/DWG is not exported in the right scale, not just the geomerty but the dimensions as well.

So be carefull, We try to use full size layouts as much as possiable however I now you are dealing with airplanes so that would be a big piece of paper.

Other then that I love it and there is no way I could go back to Keycreator 3.0.
now thats just my opinion.

Ken Harris
CKDExpert 

16.02.2005 11:00:52
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131

Also they have added back the layout wizard ,if thats what you want to call it.
however it is very ackward to use not like cadkey 19. I have found that I have to turn it off then create the layout then create the instances and dont even use the wizard.

One thing you will like is the detail view option however if your layout is not to scale then the scale callout on the detail will not be right. it is a scaled detail view of a scaled layout. other then that it is a really nice function.

16.02.2005 11:21:45
Jay Burkett
Jay Burkett
Posts 8

Wasn't that supposed to be fixed with a patch?

By the way is that patch out yet?

Jay Burkett
UPS Airlines
Louisville, KY

--

Jay Burkett
UPS Airlines
Louisville, KY

16.02.2005 11:47:58
CKDExpert
CKDExpert
Posts 131
Yes, But the patch does not fix it there is to be another patch later that they are working on now!
16.02.2005 16:28:13
CleverLdy
CleverLdy
Posts 1
The patch - 4.0.2 - has just been released!! Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but you can download it either at cadwire.com/services or kubotekusa.com and see what fixes are there...
17.02.2005 02:52:02
calcaded
calcaded
Posts 9
If you want to use the new sheetmetal functions, make sure you are using the 4.0.2 version or the unbend function will yield incorrect results for a flat pattern. What is really neat is that the program recognizes a solid constructed from primitives or wireframe that looks like a sheetmetal part (correct bend radii, etc.)as a sheetmetal part and will unbend it to a flat pattern. Great for legacy files!
17.02.2005 09:30:15
Jay Burkett
Jay Burkett
Posts 8
That will be good for us.  We do a lot of sheetmetal parts.  The old bend routine was diaappointing.

Jay Burkett
UPS Airlines
Louisville, KY

--

Jay Burkett
UPS Airlines
Louisville, KY

pages: 1
|

Forums » Technical » KC 4.0 Anything to look out for?