Contact Us
Store
Library
Forums

Forums

- all messages by user

16.01.2018 14:17:59
Any Way to Customize the Main, "Classic" Menu? Hi All,

You guys at Geometric are the experts on customizing CADKEY, so I was wondering if any of you had any idea how to customize the Classic CADKEY menu, the menu that's controlled by the function keys.

I made this topic before, but it was deleted, maybe in error? Please let me know!
16.05.2018 10:17:26
Any Way to Customize the Main, "Classic" Menu? OK, I figured it out. Enjoy! Totally customizable -- just open up the .kxl in a text editor and you'll figure it out. Now you can have your own hierarchical keyboard-controlled menu of functions.

I don't know how to *replace* the CADKEY Classic Menu with this, so it's in-addition-to not instead-of. I just set the hotkey to activate this KXL to ` which is right next to the F-keys so it's fast. So, you'll have two different hierarchies: the Classic (drawing lines, editing, transforming,...), and the Solids (3D primitives, extrusions, boolean ops,...). For example, F1>F1>F1 to create a line in the Classic menu, F1>F1>F1 to create a block in the Solids menu.

This version works for KeyCreator 7 through maybe 13? In 15 and I think 14 too, they add multi-profile sweep and that takes over the function code for pipe sweep, so to use it for those more recent versions of KeyCreator you'll have to just modify the codes to be correct.
edited by LC475 on 16.05.2018
edited by LC475 on 16.05.2018
16.05.2018 10:18:15
Any Way to Customize the Main, "Classic" Menu? Oh, and Admin, feel free to add this in the Library under KeyCreator 7.
pages: 1